Educational and Community Work
I have been involved in education for many years. I run art workshops, teach in Higher Education, complete artist residencies and perform my stories and poems. Here’s a film that gives a flavour of my performances:
Please click on the links below for more detailed examples of my work in different areas. Testimonials are available here.
- Performing storytelling sessions in schools, libraries, galleries and Art Centres.
- leading workshops in schools, libraries, galleries, museums and community centres, based on my illustration techniques and approaches to creativity.
- teaching drawing, illustration and printmaking in Further and Higher Education. I am a fully qualified teacher in Post Compulsory Education.
- long term Artist in Residence positions in schools. I’m currently Artist in Residence at Room 13 at West Rise Junior School in Eastbourne
- organising big events such as ‘The Big Draw’ at Towner Art Gallery and The De La Warr Pavilion. I’ve also run two creative Summer Schools at Towner Art Gallery.
- facililitating creative projects with adults with learning disabilities
When I work with people I find I lose all track of time, completely involved in the flow of artistic processes and communication. Working with people is very creatively and spiritually rewarding.
Please get in touch if you would like a full CV, references or would like to discuss proposals.